Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, a flash reminiscence subsidiary of Kingston Know-how Firm, Inc., a world chief in reminiscence merchandise and know-how options, as we speak introduced the launch of Kingston IronKey 200 keyboard (KP200), the primary unit within the trade to offer the newest FIPS 140-3 Stage 3 safety in your knowledge.
The IronKey Keypad 200 is constructed with sturdy safety and suppleness of use in thoughts – providing XTS-AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption in a feature-rich, OS-independent alphanumeric keypad. The KP200 incorporates a built-in rechargeable battery so customers can unlock the unit utilizing the keypad for easy-to-use PIN entry with out utilizing software program. As soon as unlocked, customers can entry their knowledge by connecting the drive to any system that helps USB Sort-A Flash storage, making it a plug-and-play system in IT ecosystems.
The KP200 is FIPS-140-3 Stage 3 (Pending) licensed for navy safety, and the drive’s circuitry is coated with tamper-resistant epoxy to stop entry to its inner elements with out damaging them. For one more stage of safety, the keyboard is coated with a protecting polymer layer to stop fingerprint evaluation on the keys.
The KP200 helps a multi-PIN choice, permitting the usage of separate administrator or consumer PIN codes. The KP200 locks the consumer PIN after ten failed login makes an attempt, but when each PINs are enabled, the administrator can be utilized to revive a consumer PIN and entry to the unit. If the Admin PIN itself is entered incorrectly ten instances in a row, the built-in safety towards Brute Pressure assaults will wipe the drive, completely destroying the information and resetting the system. As well as, the KP200 can shield towards malware from untrusted techniques with two totally different Learn-Solely modes, empowering the administrator to write-protect the drive throughout a selected session or globally throughout all consumer periods.
“The KP200 Kingston IronKey is the primary drive to efficiently go certification lab checks for the newest navy safety stage FIPS 140-3 Stage 3 from NIST,” stated Oscar Escayola Kaloudis, EMEA Flash Enterprise Supervisor, Kingston. “With no software program required and keyboard ease of use, the KP200 is the most effective resolution for these on the lookout for flexibility whereas sustaining the very best stage of safety for storing delicate knowledge on the go.”
KP200 provides safety enhancements for FIPS 140-3 Stage 3:
- Minimal PIN size varies from 7 to eight digits (most is 15) for stronger PIN safety
- No manufacturing unit preset PIN – Consumer should arrange PIN on first use
- Periodic self-test to make sure totally practical safety features – KP200 will shut down if an issue is detected
- Automated shutdown underneath extreme thermal and voltage situations
- Improved random quantity generator to strengthen encryption key era
The Kingston IronKey Keypad 200 has obtainable storage capacities starting from 8GB – 128GB and is backed by a three-year restricted guarantee with free technical assist and legendary Kingston reliability. For extra data, go to kingston.com.
|Kingston IronKey 200 keyboard|
|IKP200/8GB||8GB IronKey 200 keyboard|
|IKP200/16GB||IronKey 200 16GB keyboard|
|IKP200/32GB||32GB IronKey 200 Keyboard|
|IKP200/64GB||IronKey 200 64GB keyboard|
|IKP200/128GB||128GB IronKey 200 Keyboard|
Kingston IronKey Keypad 200 options and specs:
- FIPS 140-3 Stage 3 Licensed (Pending).: KP200 now meets the brand new FIPS 140-3 Stage 3 military-grade safety specs revealed by NIST; has accomplished certification laboratory testing and is within the evaluate cycle for closing approval by NIST. That is an enhanced model of the FIPS 140-2 Stage 3 specification that additional improves the drive’s safety capabilities and tamper resistance. Consists of 256-bit XTS-AES encryption together with Brute Pressure and BadUSB assault safety with digitally signed firmware. Its circuitry is roofed by a particular epoxy layer that makes it just about unimaginable to take away the elements with out damaging them; this robust epoxy stops assaults towards semiconductor elements.
- Working system and system unbiased: With the KP200 utilizing a chargeable battery, the keyboard can be utilized to unlock the drive with out utilizing any software program, then join it to any system that helps a USB Sort-A mass storage system. This provides customers essentially the most flexibility on several types of platforms and working techniques.
- Multi-PIN choice: Customers have the choice to configure a consumer or admin/consumer mode. The administrator can be utilized to reset a consumer PIN and supply entry to the unit if the consumer’s PIN is forgotten or if the unit is locked after reaching a most of 10 consumer login makes an attempt.
- World and Session Learn-Solely (Write Shield) modes.: Each the administrator and the consumer can set a session-based Learn Solely mode to guard the drive from malware in untrusted techniques. The administrator may set a world read-only mode that units the drive in read-only mode till reset.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 1
- capability1: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Connector: Sort the
USB 3.2 Gen 1
8 GB – 128 GB: 145 MB/s learn, 115 MB/s write
8 GB: 30 MB/s learn, 12 MB/s write
16 GB – 128 GB: 30 MB/s learn, 20 MB/s write
- Dimensions (sleeve actuation): 80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm
- Dimensions (actuation with out sleeve): 78mm x 18mm x 8mm
- Waterproof/dustproof3: IP57 licensed
- Working Temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C
- Compatibility: USB 3.0/USB 3.1/USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Minimal System Necessities: USB 3.0 appropriate and a pair of.0 appropriate
- Guarantee/Assist: 3 years guarantee, free technical assist
- Appropriate with: Working system unbiased: Microsoft Home windows, macOS, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, or any system that helps a USB mass storage system.
The Kingston IronKey Keypad 200 incorporates safe DataLock know-how licensed from ClevX, LLC. www.clevx.com/patents