Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 20th April 2022: Nutanixa frontrunner in hybrid multicloud computing, introduced its findings particular to Saudi Arabia the fourth Enterprise Cloud Index (ECI) international survey and analysis report., which measures enterprise progress by way of cloud adoption. It’s clear that the adoption of cloud companies in Saudi Arabia is on the rise, pushed by nationwide efforts such because the Kingdom’s imaginative and prescient for a Cloud-First Coverage, which was introduced in October 2020. The discovering of Nutanix’s ECI report helps this imaginative and prescient, as proven the analysis. that 81% of respondents in Saudi Arabia agree that multicloud is the perfect working mannequin for his or her IT infrastructure. Saudi corporations seem like within the planning levels of multicloud adoption, at the moment sustaining a number of impartial infrastructures throughout which they distribute knowledge and workloads. Non-public clouds are barely dominating the infrastructure panorama, indicating some cloudification of legacy functions. 25% of respondents in Saudi Arabia proceed to function solely three-tier knowledge facilities, with the intention of decreasing knowledge heart utilization to 9% in 2024; whereas rising the usage of built-in multiclouds.
Like most ECI respondents world wide, these in Saudi Arabia mentioned they face cross-cloud safety, mobility, administration and talent set challenges as they have interaction in infrastructure change. The continued emergence and maturity of containers and instruments, which summary knowledge and functions from underlying cloud platforms, centralize and combine operations, and automate processes throughout cloud platforms, ought to alleviate these difficulties over time. The Kingdom predicted that with elevated adoption, sustaining consumer knowledge privateness and guaranteeing cyber safety will stay a high transferring goal indefinitely.
Commenting on the findings, Mohammad Abulhouf, Senior Gross sales Director KSA, Bahrain & Qatar at Nutanix, mentioned: “Nutanix is dedicated to supporting the Kingdom’s cloud-first and cloud-smart imaginative and prescient. Such cloud-first insurance policies are extremely efficient in elevating consciousness of cloud companies within the area, which in flip will speed up adoption. Our analysis signifies that adoption of a number of clouds, non-public or public, is underway in Saudi Arabia. Firms within the Kingdom need to multicloud to higher serve their prospects and residents. Cloud is a journey, not a vacation spot; and Nutanix is dedicated to the area’s technique by supporting organizations with main expertise, experience and buyer help.”
Key findings from this yr’s report embrace:
- Multicloud is the dominant IT mannequin worldwide amongst ECI corporations, and the adoption charge in Saudi Arabia is rising: Early adopters within the Kingdom, who’re (25%) of ECI respondents in Saudi Arabia, mentioned they at the moment use a number of clouds, non-public or public, as the commonest IT deployment mannequin. Non-public cloud-only deployments barely dominate in Saudi Arabia, though workloads seem like considerably evenly distributed between standalone non-public clouds, tri-tier knowledge facilities, multicloud, and public clouds. This numerous distribution entails IT outlets in transition and within the early levels of their multicloud initiatives. Respondents in Saudi Arabia mentioned they’ll quickly speed up multicloud adoption, citing intentions to extend penetration to 57 p.c inside three years.
- Multicloud motivators. The rationale Saudi respondents cited most frequently for utilizing or planning to make use of multicloud was to higher help prospects (47%). Second was enhancing distant work and collaboration (36%). An equal quantity, 35% additionally cited the flexibility to scale simply and on demand, improved enterprise continuity and govt mandates within the cloud as driving IT infrastructure change of their organizations.
- Public cloud adoption: Respondents in Saudi Arabia indicated that they’re within the early levels of public cloud adoption. Greater than half of respondents there reported not utilizing a public cloud service in any respect (54%). Solely 5% mentioned they use the companies of three or extra public cloud suppliers.
- App Mobility: A big majority of respondents in Saudi Arabia (83%) mentioned they moved functions from one IT infrastructure to a different prior to now yr. It is a excessive charge of mobility, however it’s coupled with legacy knowledge heart utilization, which signifies the early planning levels of the multicloud technique. Information point out that struggles to beat impediments corresponding to expertise shortages and administration and operational complexity are slowing implementation. Amongst Saudi corporations that moved a number of functions final yr, the 2 greatest causes have been to enhance safety and regulatory compliance and to allow quicker utility improvement. Elevated exercise is more likely to observe quickly: 81% mentioned container expertise – which packages functions with all their dependencies for simplified motion between cloud infrastructures – is necessary to their corporations now or could be within the subsequent 12 months.
- Safety considerations reign supreme. Whereas multicloud adoption is rising, it is early days that create some challenges. Each in Saudi Arabia (54%) and globally (49%), respondents most frequently cited managing safety throughout cloud boundaries as a multicloud administration issue. Saudi respondents named sustaining constant efficiency second most frequently, notably greater than common, whereas the duty of integrating knowledge into cloud environments persistently ranked within the high three most-mentioned points amongst ECI respondents.
- The challenges of any new expertise are compounded when the experience to implement and handle it’s exhausting to search out. Most Saudi respondents (83%) mentioned they lack some in-house IT expertise wanted to fulfill enterprise demand, significantly in synthetic intelligence/machine studying (50%) and IT automation (45%). Moreover, 84 p.c agreed that to succeed, their organizations want a option to simplify the administration of multicloud environments. Abilities gaps and considerations about rising IT complexity have been widespread amongst most ECI respondents and underscore a rising requirement for instruments that combine and, to some extent, automate processes on cloud platforms.
For the fourth consecutive yr, Vanson Bourne surveyed 1,700 IT choice makers worldwide in August and September 2021. The respondent base spanned a number of industries, enterprise sizes and the next geographies: Americas; Europe, Center East and Africa (EMEA); and the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) area.
To be taught extra concerning the report and findings, please obtain the complete fourth Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Index, Right here.