Dubai, United Arab Emirates, August 2022: Oracle introduced in the present day that it’s Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) area in Dubai efficiently accomplished the Dubai Digital Safety Middle (DESC) cloud service supplier safety commonplace audit, a framework for supporting authorities entities with cyber danger administration primarily based on worldwide requirements equivalent to ISO 27001 and the Cloud Safety Alliance Cloud Controls Matrix.
His Excellency Yousef Al Shaibani, Director Basic of the Dubai Digital Safety Middle (DESC) – the cyber safety arm of Dubai Digitalpraised the approval of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Platform, SAPS: “This step displays Oracle’s management and embodies its want to work with the middle to maintain tempo with developments and work in a proactive spirit to guard Dubai’s our on-line world from any potential dangers. We see this as a mannequin of joint motion between authorities and the non-public sector to attain targets that serve all events. with the continual progress of rising digital applied sciences, the applying of the best ranges of safety for cloud service suppliers has change into one of many needed situations for reaching strategic targets within the context of complete digital transformation. On the Dubai Digital Safety Middle, we proceed to work on creating our requirements to make sure a safe digital setting that contributes to reaching excellence in our on-line world according to the Dubai Cyber Safety Technique and strengthening the emirate’s place as a world capital for cyber safety. The Dubai Digital Safety Middle’s Safety Audit Requirements for Cloud Service Suppliers have been designed to simplify cybersecurity efforts and work as companions with extremely skilled entities within the area to make sure cybersecurity,” he added. he.
“With two OCI areas within the UAE, Oracle can have the chance to change into a cloud accomplice of selection for public sector entities within the UAE. DESC’s cloud service supplier certification is a testomony to OCI’s state-of-the-art providing, designed round safety design ideas that embody remoted community virtualization and seamless bodily host deployment. Primarily based on these design ideas, OCI helps cut back danger from superior cyber safety threats,” stated Nick Redshaw, Senior Vice President – Know-how Cloud, Center East and Africa, Oracle. “At Oracle, we’re dedicated to supporting our prospects’ innovation methods and are actively investing in delivering the newest cloud infrastructure options within the area, whereas working to handle UAE-specific compliance necessities – all to facilitate our prospects use Oracle Cloud”.
OCI operates two cloud areas within the United Arab Emirates, in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, offering prospects with sturdy enterprise continuity and catastrophe restoration capabilities. OCI has additionally efficiently accomplished UAE-specific third-party assessments, together with the Info Assurance Regulation (IAR) and Abu Dhabi Info Safety Customary (ADIS).
Oracle Cloud’s increasing international footprint
As a part of Oracle’s deliberate enlargement of its cloud footprint to help sturdy buyer demand for OCI companies and Oracle Fusion Cloud Purposes worldwide, Oracle plans to open extra cloud areas in Spain, Colombia, Chile and Israel and plans to supply at the very least 44 cloud areas.
Oracle Cloud Areas at the moment accessible:
- Asia Pacific: Tokyo (Japan), Osaka (Japan), Seoul (South Korea), Chuncheon (South Korea), Mumbai (India), Hyderabad (India), Sydney (Australia), Melbourne (Australia), Singapore (Singapore)
- Americas: San Jose (United States), Phoenix (United States), Ashburn (United States), Toronto (Canada), Montreal (Canada), São Paolo (Brazil), Vinhedo (Brazil), Santiago (Chile), Querétaro (Mexico)
- Europe: Frankfurt (Germany), London (United Kingdom), Newport, Wales (United Kingdom), Zürich (Switzerland), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Marseille (France), Stockholm (Sweden), Milan (Italy), La Courneuve, Paris (France)
- Center East: Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), Abu Dhabi and Dubai (UAE), Jerusalem (Israel)
- Africa: Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Authorities: Two common US authorities areas, three US Division of Protection particular authorities areas, a number of US nationwide safety areas, and two UK authorities areas (London and Newport, Wales)
Leave a Reply