Hub71, Abu Dhabi’s world expertise ecosystem, has partnered with world financial transformation leaders Genome to llaunches World Startup Ecosystem Report 2023.
Abu Dhabi has been acknowledged as a number one ecosystem within the Center East and North Africa (MENA). World Startup Ecosystem Report 2023 (GSER) by Startup Genome and the World Entrepreneurship Community, launched at present at The Subsequent Net Convention in Amsterdam.
Beneath are some key findings and conclusions from the report:
- Abu Dhabi recorded the sixth quickest progress globally and the best in MENA
- Abu Dhabi created an ecosystem worth of USD 3,925,281,571 from 01 July 2020 to 31 December 2022, representing a rise of 134% in comparison with the earlier interval. Ecosystem worth is a measure of financial affect, calculated as the worth of startup exits and valuations
- High 5 MENA Ecosystem in ‘Bang for Buck’ – measures the quantity of tech startups on monitor acquired, on common, from a VC spherical
- High 5 MENA Ecosystems in Expertise and Expertise — measures long-term developments in key efficiency drivers and the power to generate and retain expertise within the ecosystem
- High 5 MENA Ecosystem in Funding — measures innovation via early-stage funding and investor exercise
- High 5 MENA Ecosystem in Efficiency — measures the dimensions and efficiency of an ecosystem based mostly on the gathered worth of tech startups created from exits and funding
- High 10 MENA Ecosystems in Information — measures innovation via analysis and patenting exercise
- High 15 MENA Ecosystem in Reasonably priced Expertise — measures the power to rent tech expertise
- The Fintech, Cleantech and AgTech and New Meals sectors are highlighted for expertise density, help assets and startup exercise.
- The Golden Visa program and its strategic location are cited as the explanation why a startup ought to transfer to Abu Dhabi
“As specialists in world financial transformation and coverage advisors, we’re extraordinarily pleased with Abu Dhabi’s spectacular efficiency within the World Startup Ecosystem Report 2023,” says Marc Penzel, Founder and President of Startup Genome. “Working with Hub71, we proceed to witness and form thrilling new coverage and program developments that end in emirates’ continued progress within the rankings.”
Amer Aidi, Head of Advertising and Operations at Hub71, stated: “Innovation and entrepreneurship function dynamic engines that propel us into the longer term. Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, has firmly established itself as a number one hub that accelerates the event of cutting-edge applied sciences and cultivates tomorrow’s companies which might be on the forefront of innovation. At Hub71, we’re honored to be an integral a part of this journey, collaborating with our companions to form the startup panorama in Abu Dhabi. We offer founders with the important parts of success, together with entry to expertise, funding alternatives and business potential. Collectively, we empower entrepreneurs to thrive and make their mark within the ever-evolving enterprise world.”
Hub71 has additionally partnered with Dealroom to provide data-driven insights into Abu Dhabi’s entrepreneurial ecosystem in a newly launched ecosystem portal and 360 Monitor.
These new instruments expose key drivers and developments in ecosystem growth and analyze the startup ecosystem to establish and measure aggressive positioning and strengths in opposition to a whole bunch of ecosystems in startup subsectors.
GSER is powered by the world’s most complete and curated dataset on startup ecosystems. Knowledgeable by information on 3.5 million startups from over 290 world ecosystems, the report gives compelling new insights and deep insights into startup developments world wide.
Contributions from professional thought leaders and key native gamers additional enrich the report’s broad, evidence-based conclusions, that are the product of over a decade of impartial analysis and coverage work by Startup Genome.
GSER was created in partnership with World Entrepreneurship Community, Dealroom and Crunchbase.
GSER 2023 offers invaluable insights and steerage on how you can foster thriving startup communities – the primary driver of job creation and financial progress. Learn the way 140 entrepreneurial ecosystems examine and consider the total report Right here.