CommScopeinternational chief in dwelling networking, right this moment introduced its entry into the retail Wi-Fi 7 market with the discharge of the SURFboard G54 DOCSIS 3.1 quad-band Wi-Fi 7 cable modem.
The flagship SURFboard G54 gives important efficiency enhancements, together with the most recent Wi-Fi 7 know-how and helps multi-gigabit web plans. The SURFboard G54 is designed to incorporate different superior options, together with DOCSIS 3.1, quad-band Wi-Fi 7 (BE17880, or the total pace the system can help), a ten Gbps Ethernet port, and 4 1 Gbps LAN ports.
Because the journey to the multi-gigabit community of the longer term continues, shoppers will be ready to help next-generation, higher-speed Web plans with the SURFboard G54. Coupling the most recent DOCSIS 3.1 know-how with new Wi-Fi 7 capabilities, the SURFboard G54 gives multi-gigabit speeds (relying on service supplier plan) all through the house. As well as, a ten Gbps Ethernet port ensures that the house community can help extra Gigabit providers instantly on the Ethernet connection.
“We’re excited to launch the primary ARRIS SURFboard Wi-Fi 7 product at CES,” mentioned Jonathan Wu, vp of product and buyer help, CommScope Dwelling Networks. “The state-of-the-art SuRFboard G54 takes innovation to the subsequent stage with DOCSIS 3.1 and quad-band Wi-Fi 7. It offers our clients a superior dwelling networking expertise – no matter next-generation plans to return within the coming years.”
As new good gadgets are launched and added to the house, the SURFboard G54 ensures that older gadgets with earlier Wi-Fi know-how (Wi-Fi 5 and earlier) don’t degrade the efficiency of the house community. SURFboard G54 makes use of the most recent Wi-Fi 7 choices with the next capabilities:
- The just lately obtainable 6GHz band gives a considerable amount of uncongested spectrum unused by earlier Wi-Fi know-how (Wi-Fi 5 and earlier generations)
- Multi-Hyperlink Operation (MLO) combines totally different bands collectively for even greater pace, permitting supported Wi-Fi 7 shoppers to benefit from simultaneous multi-band connections
- 320 MHz channels and enormous capability beneficial properties within the 6 GHz spectrum ship extraordinarily excessive throughputs – delivering peak speeds of as much as 11.5 Gbps in 6 GHz, which is 2.4 occasions quicker than Wi-Fi gadgets 6
- Spectrum punching know-how helps keep away from channel interference to realize quicker Wi-Fi, even in noisy and crowded environments
SURFboard G54 options clever quad-band steering to make sure all gadgets have the optimum community connection based mostly on utilization and balances the system as wanted, particularly when a number of Wi-Fi era gadgets are current. Clever channel administration know-how avoids channel interference and improves bandwidth to make sure that your own home community is just not affected by neighboring networks. Alternatively, customers can select to manually set gadgets on every band to handle connections personally. SURFboard G54 quad-band know-how gives:
- 4 GHz band for IoT and low bandwidth gadgets
- 5 GHz low band for Wi-Fi 5 gadgets
- 5 GHz excessive band for Wi-Fi 6/7 gadgets
- 6 GHz band for Wi-Fi 6E/7 gadgets
This quad-band know-how ensures that older gadgets on Wi-Fi 5 will proceed to obtain enough bandwidth, and newer gadgets will use the most recent Wi-Fi know-how (Wi-Fi 6/6E/7) and use the suitable band (5/6GHz) to maximise efficiency and pace whereas lowering latency and jitter. Purposes equivalent to 4K streaming, gaming, video conferencing, stay streaming and AR/VR/MR will carry out higher and be extra dependable.
The SURFboard G54 DOCSIS 3.1 quad-band Wi-Fi 7 cable modem can be obtainable by mid-2023. Extra Wi-Fi 7 merchandise will turn into obtainable quickly after.
Different market-leading SURFboard merchandise can even be on show, together with the most recent mesh choices from the SURFboard max portfolio, the SURFboard Thruster W6B Wi-Fi 6E Gaming Acceleration Package and the SURFboard W6U Wi-Fi 6E Community Improve Package.
Wi-Fi 7 for service suppliers
CommScope Dwelling Networks is growing Wi-Fi 7 options for service suppliers and can reveal them at CES. Highlights will embody Wi-Fi 7’s potential for greater ranges of deterministic, service-aware and low-latency Wi-Fi, with a spread of options based mostly on know-how offered by a number of silicon companions.
Extra CommScope Dwelling Networks service supplier options that can be demonstrated embody:
- HomeVantage dwelling networking options, a portfolio of versatile open-source software-based options for superior broadband and residential providers for all entry applied sciences, together with DOCSIS, PON and FWA
- HomeVista Options, a portfolio that leverages Android TV applied sciences and RDK-based streamer options for service suppliers to simplify and speed up the introduction of latest and revolutionary video providers
- HomeAssure managed Wi-Fi options, a modular service supply and administration platform, together with containerized software administration for versatile deployment of latest providers
- Environmental sustainability options