Ramadan started on March 23, Thursday. The UAE Moon Sighting Committee made the announcement on Tuesday.
Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain have additionally confirmed March 23 as the primary day of the Holy Month.
Learn: UAE confirms first day of Ramadan 2023
How will Ramadan have an effect on enterprise?
The UAE has introduced decreased working hours for Ramadan for each the private and non-private sectors.
The Federal Authority for Authorities Human Assets (FAHR) mentioned authorities entities will work from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday and from 9:00 a.m. to midday on Fridays through the holy month.
FAHR added that ministries and federal authorities might implement versatile work or distant work schedules through the month, in accordance with their particular necessities.
Federal worker shifts shall be 70 p.c distant and 30 p.c in-person on Fridays through the holy month.
Staff working within the nation’s personal sector will profit from a discount of two hours of labor per day, the Ministry of Human Assets and Emiratisation mentioned.
The emirate of Umm Al Quwain has introduced a three-day weekend for presidency departments through the holy month.
Learn: The United Arab Emirates has introduced decreased working hours
Ramadan etiquette at work
Ramadan is among the holiest occasions of the 12 months for Muslims, and following the information under will make it easier to present respect and strengthen your relationship with colleagues, purchasers and staff.
- Given the truncated enterprise hours, count on longer response occasions and plan your schedule accordingly.
- This 12 months, Muslims will quick for greater than 12 hours. Watch out of those that are fasting and keep away from scheduling conferences close to prayer occasions or within the late afternoon. Mid-morning conferences are superb. Ask your purchasers/staff if a digital assembly can be extra handy in Ramadan to keep away from driving within the warmth.
- Consuming and consuming in public locations (besides designated areas) throughout daylight is just not allowed. Out of respect for individuals who are fasting, don’t supply meals or drink in gatherings. When you’re on a digital date, do not eat or drink when the digicam is on.
- Modest gown is at all times really useful within the UAE and this turns into much more necessary throughout Ramadan. Keep away from garments that expose your shoulders or legs. Do not put on quick or revealing garments.
- Ramadan can also be a time for strengthening relationships. Enhance enterprise ties by inviting your purchasers for iftar or arranging a company iftar to your staff. Attend when invited.
Charity is strongly really useful through the month, as it’s the superb time to offer again to the neighborhood. Donate to the ‘1 Billion Meals Marketing campaign’.
Immediately, we announce the One Billion Meals marketing campaign.. It begins initially of the holy month of Ramadan and can proceed till the aim is reached.. 800 million folks endure from starvation around the globe.. Humanity and our faith encourage us to assist others
– HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) March 10, 2022
The marketing campaign goals to make sure sustainable meals assist for weak communities.
Additionally Learn: UAE’s Sheikh Mohammed Proclaims One Billion Meals Marketing campaign
Ramadan in Dubai – Here is what occurs through the Holy Month
Ramadan across the GCC
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Human Assets and Social Improvement (MHRSD) has introduced that working hours within the kingdom shall be restricted to 5 hours, ranging from 10:00 a.m. to three:00 p.m.
Strict precautionary measures towards Covid-19 have been instituted for the month of Ramadan on the Grand Mosque in Saudi Arabia.
Social distancing and carrying masks shall be necessary for guests, with thermal cameras monitoring the realm. The Grand Mosque can even be cleaned and sterilized as much as 10 occasions a day.
The Sultanate of Oman introduced on Tuesday the discount of working hours for the holy month.
The official working hours of the executive equipment of the civil state shall be from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Non-public institutions will implement decreased working hours for Muslim employees.
Muslim staff will work six hours a day, with a most of 30 hours every week.
In neighboring Qatar, an announcement issued by Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Sulaiti, the minister of state for cupboard affairs, mentioned the official working schedule through the month is 5 hours a day for metropolis staff.